Sunday 8 November 2009

Digital Scrapping: Christmas Tree


Digi-scrapped this page using digitals from Shimelle Laine's collection here and "traditions" was a freebie from an old Shabby Princess kit which I re-coloured. The photo has a "glow" but is not re-coloured. I said in my last digi-page post that I felt these pages had something missing, but actually on this layout I really like it being flat and uncomplicated. The focus is really on the tree and it looks neat and clean when printed on glossy paper.


If you fancy having a go at digital scrapping, but don't have the confidence (or money!) for Photoshop Elements, try learning about "layers" with Paint.net, its a free "upgrade" from the basic "Paintbrush" that comes free on your PC. Get it HERE

It is a great way to see if you like digi-scrapping or not, and whether you might like to learn more techniques in the more advanced software such as photoshop elements (PSE). This page was 100% made with Paint.net and although I'm beginning to learn bits of PSE, I often favour Paint.net as I find the options, menus and selections really simple and I like simple!

Of course digi-scrapping doesn't need to be always digital on a page, you can print the papers from kits out, print titles, etc. the world is your oyster!

PS - Hopefully (apart from a few tweaks) this will be the last overhaul of Liberty Cottage, I've felt all out of sorts as I couldn't find a background I could put up with for more than a few days, but now I'm all pinked up, I think this could be a keeper! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great layout. I love the background on your blog..very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your blog looks *FAN-TAST-IC*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Your blog is looking great and it's PINK so of course I love it. Love the way you have put piccies down the side too, will need to find out if I can do something like that. Ka pai (well done)

    ReplyDelete